Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My Babes List (#69)


#69 Natalia JeanPierre

January 17th 1982 was the first day I saw light. I was born in Phoenix Arizona to a Spanish and French father and Black mother. I lived there for 2 years and then moved with my mom and dad to Bermuda for a few months, then off to Northern California. I was the first-born, my sister Nicole was born 3 years later in Santa Clara California. My mom and dad thought it best that they not be together so when I was 5 they split up. I grew up with my mom during the week and my dad sister and cousins on the weekends, which I think it was a lot better. I can't complain about my childhood, I had the time of my life. With camping trips, fishing, jet skiing, wake boarding, snow skiing, sports, and my cousins and sister there to experience it all with me I pretty much had it made. Ever since I was very young I have always been very independent and learned to take on a lot of responsibility. At the time I thought things weren't always fair but I'm glad that I had to learn the way I did because now I have a different appreciation for things.

I moved around a lot as I grew up but my mom always tried to make sure we could still go to the same schools because making new friends and being in a new school wasn't always the easiest of things. I went to Nimitz Elementary, Morrill Middle and graduated from Piedmont Hills High in San Jose, California. I wish I had a story where I could say that school was so much fun and I made so many great friends......BLAH! School and I don’t mix...yeah I may have learned things in class here and there, but I can't remember the last time I've had to use most of that knowledge. When I was in high school all I kept thinking about is "I can’t wait to be out of this place." The first year or so I hung around a lot of people who at the time I thought were my friends, that was a real slap in the face to learn how fake people can be. The last parts of high school I separated myself from a lot of people and hung out with my best friend at the time. I had more fun just being with him then anyone else. I'm just glad that the whole high school experience is over. After high school I did go to De Anza College for what seemed like an eternity but ended up being 3 years. Since I was about 7 I've always wanted to be an actress, but I just pushed that dream aside and tried to convince myself that if I went to college that maybe something else will come to me. I toyed with the ideas of being a mechanic, lawyer, real estate agent, make up artist and a graphic designer. Adults have always put a lot of pressure on me to "make something of myself." Their idea of something and my idea of something have never seemed to line up. It took me up until I was 21 to figure out that my dream has always been sitting there right in front of my face. Acting is something that I've always wanted to do so why am I not pushing towards that?

Ok so your probably wondering how the hell does modeling tie into any of this? Growing up I constantly heard "you could be a model." I usually just brushed it off and said thanks. When ever I thought of models I just imagined this picture perfect image and that was far from where I saw myself. My mom ended up getting me into the whole idea of actually trying it when I was 14. I never really ended up doing anything big. I just went to a modeling school that taught me absolutely nothing and charged an ass-load of money. Because of that experience I put the whole modeling thing off for a while. Then when I was 16 I was reintroduced into modeling but in a different kind of aspect. A friend got me into the whole import car scene. Ok... I know a lot of people may say "that’s not modeling," and there were many times that I told myself the same thing, but there are many areas in the import scene that are legit and get you into other modeling jobs. It helped me grow into what I am doing today. I pretty much did the whole tradeshow thing for a while but got real tired of it. It wasn’t until I was 21 that I actually started to really push myself and get myself out there with some help from a friend, and from there I started to see actual progress. Modeling is cool for the most part...I get to meet a lot of cool ass people, travel, and be behind the camera. It’s opened some doors for acting opportunities, which is my main goal.

In the near future I plan on moving to the L.A area to pursue a career in acting. I know there is a lot of competition, and there will be some disappointments, but the one thing I don't want to do when I'm older is look back on my life and say I wish I would have done this, or wish I would have done that. What do you have your dreams there for if you never try to make them reality? I'll never know unless I take some kind of risks. I know I wont fail, it may take some time but I'm willing to put in the work...

I've only touched on the surface of who Natalia Monique Jeanpierre is but I hope it tells you a little more about me than you knew 5 minutes ago!



~Nat~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home